-
March 9th, 2001, 08:12 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm starting to look for sync recorder, but I know only one model by name and number(Philips 2229AV), so list them here:
Thanks!
Mikko
-
March 9th, 2001, 02:18 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Tascam DA-P1 (DAT)
Nagra III
Nagra 4.2TC
Are the recorders I have most often used. There are a few others that I have as well but those are more "consumer" than the ones I listed. I like Nagra over Uher(Pedro may disagree with me) because they are built better and they can be fixed by just about anyone because parts are easier to find. Good Luck
-
March 10th, 2001, 09:27 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Do not dissagree at all, as I never held a Nagra in my hands! But here in Europe, especially in Munich (Uher factory) the Uher can be sercived, modified and updated much easyer. In USA it might be quite different. I don?t really know how the Nagra is drived, but I know that the Uher has electronic frequency controled motors, that can be regulated very easyly from external synchronizers. There are standard modification sets to use them with perfo tape (inbuilt perfo reader) and do conventional sound film editing in a easy way. In Europe we used and still use perfo tape instead of fullcoat. Fullcoat was only used for mechanical synchronizers, double system sound projectors with 2 film reels and 2 fullcoat reels. Then in Europe came perfo tape, which could be runned in any standard tape recorder (like the Uher).
So - the appliances and techiques depend a little bit on where you are. And I did not know that in USA perfo never was common, thanks to Justin to have me informed.
Mikko: look at that link: http://super8mm.net/BT/
Pedro
[This message has been edited by #Pedro (edited March 10, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by #Pedro (edited March 10, 2001).]
-
March 10th, 2001, 02:15 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Sony Pro-Walkman
Marantz PMD series
These are cassette recorders. Go here:
users.aol.com/fmgp
At this moment I use the Marantz PMD 650
This is a professional MiniDisk recorder.
If you are on a super tight budget look at the
Sony Pro-Walkman. They are hard to find but you can
still buy them new. J&R Music World has them.
DAT recorders are also an option.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks